Friday, December 21, 2012

All Natural DIY Anti-Acne Facial Mask

My skin hasn't been the best lately.  I think it's largely due to my undisciplined diet with too much chocolate and coffee.  I also haven't been sleeping well, so little bumps have found their way on my face.  I searched around to find a good DIY natural facial mask to battle the tiny zits and discovered this recipe from Danielle Beauty Bliss' YouTube channel.  I'll have the video linked below.

Things you'll need:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
2. Baking soda
3. Lemon
4. Cotton balls
5. Measuring spoons


Step 1: Measure out 2 teaspoons of Apple cider vinegar



Step 2: Squeeze in a little bit of lemon droplets (4-5 drops)


Step 3: Add in 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda


It'll star to bubble b/c of the acidity in the bowl



Make sure everything is mixed well...


Step 4: Get some cotton balls and dip them in your mixture.  Then apply gently all over your face.

WARNING: Please avoid the area around your eyes.  It'll sting.  The mixture is rather liquidy, so I usually apply it on my face while I'm standing by a sink.  I leave the mixture on my face for about 10-12 minutes.  After it dries, I wash it off with warm water.


After you wash off your mask, your face should feel very clean.  However, my personal experience is that the mixture does make my face feel pretty dry.  So, I usually apply aloe (which I have in a pot...100% natural) and moisturizer right after I wash off the mask and dry my face.

Here's my aloe plant.  I normally just cut off one small strand and it's enough for my face.  


This all natural DIY mask has worked really well for me, especially in getting rid of pimples and zits.  I am not a dermatologist or a physician, so please make sure that you test out all the ingredients on your hands first to make sure that you don't have any allergic reactions, before you put the mixture on your face.  

Lastly, if you would like to see a YouTube video on this, here is Danielle.  I got the recipe from her channel:



Take care! Happy Holidays!!










No comments:

Post a Comment