Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Burger Dinner!!

This is an interim post, because I did want to have a whole entry on my cake pops. :)  However, yesterday, hubby pulled a spontaneous burger dinner.  Since he rarely cooks during the week, I thought it was blog worthy!

I'm not a huge meat person, so we only had 1lb of ground beef.  He added two eggs, some scallion that I grew in our living room (see previous post here: http://bumbeepicks.blogspot.com/2012/07/regrowth-revisited-scallion-pancakes.html), and some leftover white mushrooms that I was going to use for spaghetti.




They looked quite disgusting to me, but I was told that for people who love meat, they'd find these succulent patties delicious. 



It's quite colorful!

He added a lot of seasoning and spices...


Since we don't store up burger buns in this Asian household, we had to eat them on regular bread.  See the mini one on the right? That was mine! :)  It was actually VERY VERY yummy!!  Just like how they looked, the meat was very juicy, even though mine was very well-done.

For the "health conscious" readers:
Health content: Well, it wasn't the healthiest meal we've ever had, but for a burger, it wasn't too bad.  When he cooked the patties, he didn't use any extra oil.  The Green Wise ground beef was 93% lean and everything else added was organically grown.  The bread on the bottom was whole grain.  So, it wasn't TOOOOOOOO bad per se.  I did actually bother to count the calories for each patty.  I had two of the little ones in the back and those added up to be about 600 calories.  I also had one buffalo chicken drumstick as well, so my dinner came out to be about 800 calories altogether, which was originally shocking, but luckily I had already burned off 650 calories earlier in the day walking 5 miles and doing an hour of BodyCombat cardio kickoxing.  So, overall, it was a fabulous eating/exercising day!

1 comment: